- The School Office is open from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm on weekdays.
- Telephone lines are manned from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Please leave a message if your call is unable to be answered and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Please use the postbox in the foyer if you are dropping off letters, forms etc, rather than handing to a member of the admin team. This is emptied daily.
- Hawes Down is a "cashless" school. Payments for trips and other activites can be made via PlusPay on Parentmail. Payments for school meals are made direct to the school's catering provider. Click here to register for an account.
Absences From School
- Should your child be unwell and not able to attend school, it is necessary to telephone the school and leave a message on the absence line by 9:00am on EVERY day of absence. Holidays should not be applied for in term time and authorised absence will not be granted by the Headteacher unless the circumstances are exceptional. However, any planned absences must be notified in advance and an application form completed. These forms can be collected from the office or by clicking the link below. Where possible obtain medical/dental appointments outside of the school day.
Change of Contact Details
- If your contact details change, please notify the School Office so that your child's most up to date information is on record in case of emergency.
Please see the attached policy giving details of communication between the school and home.
- Newsletters, communications via Parentmail/PMX and telephone contact are regular forms of communication. The school encourages parents to share any issues about their child at the earliest opportunity. Teachers arrange to see parents/carers as soon as possible.
- We arrange various meetings for parents/carers throughout the year.
- Annual Review meetings are held for parents/carers and agencies involved with every child who has an Education Health Care Plan.
- For pupils beginning Reception, we hold three "Stay & Play" afternoons in the summer term for parents/carers and children. An induction meeting for parents/carers of pupils entering Year 3 is organised during the summer term, as well as "meet the teacher" opportunities at the beginning of the new academic year.
A parent/carer may request a paper copy of any information given on this website.
|Request for Leave of Absence during Term Time - IMAT||Download|