Ethos, AIMS and Values
Hawes Down Primary School is a vibrant, happy and caring school where children are firmly at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on making this an inclusive school with a strong community feel. We have a dedicated and committed team of teachers, support staff and governors. An important part of our ethos is to value the partnership we have with parents, as we know that working closely together helps your child to benefit fully from school.
- Our mission is to create a school where our pupils flourish and are proud of their achievements through our curriculum and through the extensive enrichment opportunities we provide. We aim to instil in them a passion for learning that will empower them to become successful and to make positive contributions to the local community and beyond.
- Provide a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment where children enjoy and thrive in their learning, are inspired to achieve and feel empowered to speak out when they need help.
- Provide an inclusive, welcoming and caring environment of mutual respect, where children feel special and valued.
- Champion diversity and recognise that all children are different and seek to accommodate all learning and social needs.
- Encourage every child to realise their full academic and personal potential.
- Provide high standards of behaviour where children feel confident to communicate feelings and are equipped with solid moral values.
- Encourage and value all pupils. We encourage pupils to take pride in their work and be excellent role models around the school.
- Encourage positive partnerships and collaborative thinking between all stakeholders of the school.
- Ensure that all children have happy memories of their time in our school.
Hawes Down ABC's